Re: why not mingetty??

The inittab setup is not different.  However, the only way to switch
gettys is to change thme by hand.  This is because of agetty's priority,
I could not remove agetty.  As far as quantifiable numbers -- I have no
idea.  However from a simple look, mingetty has NO serial dial in
support or what not.  It is strictly console.  Obviously this is less
intensive than agetty.  I know RH ships w/ mingetty, and I think a few
other dists do as well.  Slack last I checked still used agetty.  agetty
is only needed if you have serial terminals or slow dialins.  Anything
more needs mgetty.  Not too many of us use serial terms and those who do
can figure out how to change a getty.  Hell I did (-;  I also like that
mingetty clears the screen when you log out.  It is very professional
looking.  Reminds me of the suns at school.