Re: Problems with pgp signed mails

On Sun, Apr 19, 1998 at 11:06:31PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 19, 1998 at 01:09:35PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > I noticed some problems I have with PGP signed messages from Christian
> > Leutloff and Jim Pick, and a few others not coming from Debian.
> >
> > My MUA always thinks the message is not pgp signed but encrypted and
> > queries for my PGP passphrase.  I've wondered why and have
> > investigated this a little bit.
>
> mutt has no problem with either Jim's or Christian's messages;
> it tries to verify their signatures but I don't have the debian keyring
> imported so it can't.

Yes.  I've already figured out that my preprocessor makes wrong
assumptions.  I've corrected this.  But still I don't think that
it's correct to say PGP MESSAGE when meaning PGP SIGNATURE.

Regards,

	Joey

 / A mathematician is a machine                                  /
/                           for converting coffee into theorems /