Re: Making the libc5-libc6 upgrade to be safe (was: netstd...)

On Apr 16, Santiago Vila wrote:
> libreadlineg2 first and the simple ftp client stopped working. This is a
> really bad situation I really do not desire to anybody.
>
> This should not have happened if netstd would have a Pre-Depends line on
> libreadlineg2 (and libc6 & ncurses also, probably).

I think you got me wrong on this issue. About one month ago I asked
on debian-devel what the other debian developers think about it. As a
result I changed netstd to make sure that the ftp client will work.
Due to an ext2fs problem I had to restore the netstd sources from tape
and I forgot to re-apply this patch along with two other patches from
Topi Miettinen to the netstd sources. This has been fixed with netstd
3.05.

Thanks,

Peter

--
Peter Tobias <tobias@et-inf.fho-emden.de> <tobias@debian.org> <tobias@linux.de>
PGP ID EFAA400D, fingerprint = 06 89 EB 2E 01 7C B4 02  04 62 89 6C 2F DD F1 3C