From: "Derek B. Noonburg" <derekn@aimnet.com>
To: Dirk.Eddelbuettel@qed.econ.queensu.ca
Subject: ANNOUNCE: xpdf decryption patches
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 1998 23:29:54 -0700

Leo Smiers has written decryption code for xpdf -- you can now view
encrypted PDF files with xpdf!

Note that cryptography code is subject to ridiculous export
restrictions in the USA, so you probably won't want to make these
patches or any decryption-enabled binaries available for web/ftp
access from the US.  I encourage anyone in countries with more
reasonable laws to make binaries available.

Everything is available from my xpdf web site:

    http://www.aimnet.com/~derekn/xpdf/

or go straight to Leo's xpdf page:

    http://people.a2000.nl/lsmiers/pdf/xpdf.html

- Derek