Re: hamm directory

On Sat, Mar 21, 1998 at 03:28:50PM -0500, Avery Pennarun wrote:

> Imagine what would have happened if we had removed the "buggy packages" just
> before release, instead of just before freeze time!  It wasn't supposed to
> cause as much trouble as it did, but it caused trouble anyway.

It should have been announced that these packages need to be updated.
The maintainer needed to be nag'ed.  Then before the release either the
maintainer had to make an upload, somebody else (VP engenering e.g.)
had to make an nmu or the package had to be dropped.  The latter
had to be discused on d-devel.

Now we're in the nice situation in which it is IMPOSSIBLE to test
hamm becaue it's not complete.  E.g. many people compllain about
missing g++ and xlib.  This prolongues the testing period imho.

Regards,

	Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/  VFS: no free i-nodes, contact Linus  -- finlandia, Feb '94   /