Re: thinking about dropping doc-base

Christian Schwarz writes:

 > I'm thinking about dropping the doc-base package. It has a few serious
 > bugs (in the code and in the design) and I don't have enough time to fix
 > this now.
 >
 > Since I still think that doc-base is the only way we could implement a new
 > and better Documentation Policy some day, I'd like to see someone else
 > taking over the package. I'd help this person with the design issues and
 > policy issues involved. Any volunteers?

I was thinking just today about proposing myself for that.  However,
I'd better want to take care of console-tools with a higher priority
than it has now (eg. make a debian package with it ;), and I'd place
evolution of doc-base just after console-tools, which in turn comes
after getting e2fsprogs+kbd stabilized into hamm.

Of course, any code bug will get a higher priority.

Feel free, however, to give it to someone wishing to give it a higher
priority (I'd *really* like to see this work !).

--
Yann Dirson  <ydirson@a2points.com>      | Stop making M$-Bill richer & richer,
alt-email:     <dirson@univ-mlv.fr>      |     support Debian GNU/Linux: