Re: Are we in this for ourselves?

In article <[🔎] 19980317205927.7134.qmail@va.debian.org> you wrote:
: Pat,

: I understand your concern. I've been watching the Debian development for
: about as long as anyone. We've gone from being the leaders to being a little
: hobby distribution, there's one Debian system for every 100 Red Hat systems
: now. The subscriptions on our mailing lists are half of what they used to
: be. The way we are running the project there is no chance that we will

The reason for the dropping subscription could be the heavy use of my linux.* gateway. My newsserver is
quite busy these days. Why subscribe to heavy traffic mailing lists?