Re: more on mail queue lossage

On 11 Mar 1998, Guy Maor wrote:

> Raul Miller <rdm@test.legislate.com> writes:
>
> > I think the simplest way of dealing with messages in flight across
> > mail transport agent changes would be to define a simple queue
> > structure to hold the messages across mta installations.
>
> That sounds needlessly complicated.  What's wrong with Jason's
> solution, configure loopback as a smart host for the old MTA?

I think the more pertinant question is why we cannot have more than one
MTA installed. I would be most happy to be able to have two MTA's avail,
one linked to sendmail and one linked to the smtp port. It would greatly
simplifiy the transition from mailer to mailer on complex busy sites like
master and va.

Perhaps we should make it policy that sendmail should be alternatived and
whatever else is needed.

Jason