Re: Tetris packages - need a less-trademarked name

In message <[🔎] 199709110150.SAA02980@fleming.jimpick.com>, writes:
  >--==_Exmh_-1025572024P
  >

  >[ I'm forwarding this to the debian-devel list, since that's a better
  >  place to discuss it. ]
  >
  >We've got zillions of tetris and tetris-like games.  What should we
  >relabel/rename them as?  T*tris, tetris-like, ???
  >
  >Cheers,
  >
  > - Jim

Before we rename anything, surely we should check whether there really is
a trademark infringement?

The mere fact of using a name is not - in itself - an infringement.
A trademark can be used without conflict if applied to something in
a different category (at least, so I understand UK law).

Remember the Linux trademark fuss?

Isle of Wight                                  http://lfix.co.uk/oliver

     Make it idiot-proof, and someone will breed a better idiot.