WNPP: working on xmbdfed
I'm working on xmbdfed which is a powerfull X11 font editor. It works
I need to work out with the author some part of the copyright which
>From the HBF code:
* Copyright 1993,1994,1995 by Ross Paterson
* - You can use this code for any purpose and without fee, except that
* you may distribute only verbatim copies of it. Please send me any
* bug fixes, ports or improvements for inclusion in future versions.
* - The code is supplied with no warranty of any kind.
* Ross Paterson <email@example.com>
* 17 October 1995
* The following people have supplied bug fixes:
* Simon Chow <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Fung Fung Lee <email@example.com>
* Man-Chi Pong <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Steven Simpson <email@example.com>
* Charles Wang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Werner Lemberg <email@example.com>
I think this categorizes it to non-free. I have to check with the
author which is not the author of this copyright because he said
himself that he modified those files.
PS: Anthony could you setup a development package for freetype ? I
have to build xmbdfed from your sources...
Fred - May the source be with you
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
Trouble? e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .