Re: LinuxThreads soname

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, David Holland wrote:
> I really don't think we should try to hack around this problem for
> just libc, or we'll get bitten the next time there's an incompatible
> libX11 upgrade. (Everyone remember the fun with libXpm when moving to
> elf?)

David, what you have been proposing sounds very idealistic.
Unfortunately, it is not clear to me at all, how it should or even
could be implemented.  Can you please give a more detailed description
of exactly what it is you are proposing.

Ulrich's/Guy's idea is a hack, IMO, but it's a fairly simple hack that
should work and could be implemented quickly without too much trouble.
After that, maybe we'll get lucky and Eric's versioning support will
mean we won't have to deal with this again (at least anytime soon).

David
--
David Engel                        ODS Networks