Re: no final newline in source package: how to deal with this?

On Thu, 30 Jan 1997, joost witteveen wrote:

> Well, at least I think that dpkg-source should just understand
> the "\ No newline at end of file" construct. If it can, then all our
> problems are gone.

I guess I'm just more pragmatic. I can control the new lines at the end of
files in my packages. I can't control the actions of dpkg-source (well,
not realisticaly anyway). This is not to say that, if this can be fixed,
it shouldn't be. I'm just certain that I am not the one to do this ;-)

> > ------------ If you don't see what you want, just ask --------------
> I'd like to see a dpkg-source that knows about
> "\ No newline at end of file", please!

Keep your fingers crossed.
Actually there are several issues that will "eventually" need to be
sorted out. This is certainly one that "should" be fixed if possible.

Luck,

Dwarf