Re: Volunteers needed: Work. Lots of Work.

On Sun, 26 Jan 1997, Joey Hess wrote:

joey >> Once you got this going and people start using alien more I am sure you
joey >> will get many more ideas <G>.
joey >>
joey >> So you are willing to take over alien and rpm now?
joey >
joey >Yes. Where can I find the most up-to-date versions?

The most up to date versions are for rpm

rpm_2.3-1 which is in unstable

and for alien

alien-2.78 which is uploaded right now (some changes had not been released
yet)

joey >
joey >> joey >How closely have you been working with the people at redhat with rpm? I
joey >> joey >guess I'll have to sign up to the rpm list again (sigh..). Are they aware
joey >> joey >debian has a rpm package?
joey >
joey >Could you answer this?

I have never been on the rpm list and have never gotten any feedback from
Red Hat. Sorry, but I never gave the alien issue too much time.

alien and rpm have been removed from my development tree. Please upload
an alien and rpm package with your maintainer address.

Please always CC me when replying to posts on mailing lists.