Re: Per-file checksums

On Sat, 25 Jan 1997, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

liw >> I, for one, think that the per-file checksums are a good idea,
liw >
liw >Could someone give a summary of the reasons why per-file checksums
liw >are a good idea? (Private mail is OK, I'll summarize.)

The main reason for me would be to be able to check the integrity of the
installed files after a severe crash. The package manager must provide
information in this case which files are modifiable and which are not.

Please always CC me when replying to posts on mailing lists.