Re: Official Debian Release

Good night Bruce!

> > Have we copyrighted the name `Debian'? We don't want a problem similar
> > to what Linux is going through.
>
> It's a trademark, not copyright. No. It takes $200 and some paperwork.
> I was trying to get someone to contribute the work of their existing office
> staff, but nothing has come of it.
>
> I've never really liked the name "Debian" as it is non-descriptive.

The name Debian is genious as it is a completely new creation and
everyone can remember that name.  As as bonus everyone will smile
whenever they know how it came to that...

> Ean Schussler holds the domain name "FreeOS" and has suggested that we
> trademark that.

Who is that guy?

And why should we trademark another name?

Regards,

	Joey

 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/ Unix is user friendly ...  It's just picky about it's friends /