Re: Do we want to have sc?

  Martin>  Good evening folks, the question tonight is: Do we want to have sc
  Martin> for Debian GNU/Linux or not?

A sc user asked me that (as I'm the slsc maintainer) ... why not?

  Martin> I have packaged it, because I needed it on some of my machines.  I
  Martin> know that there is slsc which is based on the same version of sc
  Martin> that I have packaged.

Could you consider packaging sc-6.21? slsc is derived from sc-6.1 so I think
it's less useful to package sc-6.1. If I'm not mistaken, you can configure
the slsc keystrokes if you find them too emacsish (I like that ...)

  Martin>  But slsc is a) based on slang and b) uses incompatible keystrokes.
  Martin>
  Martin> It is ok for me if you say that slsc is enough sc, but if not I'd
  Martin> like to upload the package, otherwise it stays local. :)

I don't really care. Sc-6.21, from what I hear, a more powerful than sc-6.1
and hence slsc. Personally speaking, I get what I need at home out of slsc.
And there is Lotus on the Sparcs at work ...

--
  Dirk Eddelb"uttel                       http://rosebud.sps.queensu.ca/~edd