Re: dependency checker for archive needed

Hi,
>>"Rob" == Rob Browning <osiris@cs.utexas.edu> writes:

Rob> BTW, you said that you were having some trouble with the version
Rob> checking.  Why not use dpkg --compare-versions, or is that not
Rob> the issue?

	Pride.  I set out to write my own, and then discovered a bug
 ... and epochs .. [if only i had not told myself it was easy to do]
 I'll knuckle down and use dpkg now, since it is easier, and _is_ the
 standard way of comparing versions of packages.

	manoj

--
 "In corporate life, I think there are three important areas which
 contracts can't deal with, the area of conflict, the area of change
 Wall Street Journal, May 3, 1988