Re: Future Debian CD plans

On Tue, 21 Jan 1997, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >This takes time (unfortunately), but all the people working on those logos
> >are volunteers.
>
> Agreed.
>
> >All the logos we have still suffer from common problems:
> >
> >1. We do not have hi-rez versions. For proper printing
> >   we need 2400DPI versions which we do not have.
> >
> >2. Many of them do not very good if you convert them to a 1-bit or 2 bit
> >   bitmap.
>
> This is the kind of comment I've been making on the vote page. Some of the
> simpler ideas, however, look like they will fulfill both of these criteria
> already. It's just a case of deciding on the one to go with sooner rather
> than later.

Yes, in the beginning, I pushed this quite a lot and spend serveral days
contacting professional graphics people, but I handed the logo-page
management of to Christian, since I simply did not have the time to do it
myself. Christian is taking it a bit slower and we received a number of
interesting new logos since then.

Mike

Michael Neuffer                i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.
mike@i-Connect.Net             Home of the Debian Master Server.
mike@debian.org                14355 SW Allen Blvd., Suite 140
503.641.8774                   Beaverton, OR 97005