Re: New!!!: Base-passwd 2.0

Buddha M Buck <bmbuck@ACSU.Buffalo.EDU> wrote:
[...]
>>    => I'm thinking about asking the user if I can wipe-out the
>> entries between
>>       1 and 99 inclusively, and then rebuild it with the new
>> update-passwd.
>
>This would work, but make certain that you save and restore the
>passwords for critical entries, like root.

This is a bit problematic: what about files owned by those users?
Do you go through and do a chown on all of them??

>> Additionnaly, I'd need some beta-testers :-).
>> Please volunteer to have your passwd and group kindly changed by an
>> automatic program.
>
>I'll volunteer.

I have no problems with doing that, either. Ah, the bliss of a
stand-alone machine. :) (I'm waiting on a replacement hard drive for
the 1.7G that carked it; I should have it by this Sunday.)