Changing ld.so (was: where/what is libdl1?)

> I tried upgrading to 1.2 this morning, and I ran into this problem.
> perl-base pre-depends on libdl1, which doesn't seem to be defined anywhere
> (none of the lib* packages look like they provide it).
> Dselect doesn't complain about this, but dpkg says it can't satisfy libdl1
> and aborts the upgrade.

I've seen this come across the list several times.  Perhaps the "ldso"
package's ".shlibs" file could be modified to create a dependancy directly
on "ldso" instead of the "libdl1" virtual package?

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.