Re: Next release is 1.3, not 2.0

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Bruce Perens:
> > 	All documentation web-browsable. Let's _try_ to implement the web
> > 	standard, OK folks? Do I have to do it myself?

Dale Scheetz:
> This looks like a long term goal to me, not to say that we should not
> begin now, but just that it should not get in the way of the release
> targets.

It's a short term goal -- essentially, it only requires that
we get a working dwww. The test version Jim Pick, the new dwww
maintainer and developer, made works fine for me, although that's
no guarantee. I assume and hope Jim will make a release soon.

If and when we implement the web standard, dwww and other web
related software will work better, since it will support more web
servers. At the moment, dwww only really supports cern-httpd.

After that, we can make things even better by having packages create
.dwww-index files, but that's a minor improvement compared to the
revolution of being able to read everything via the same interface.