Re: Next release is 1.3, not 2.0

On Fri, 17 Jan 1997, Vincent Renardias wrote:

> 	Although I agree 1.3 is a good version number considering last
> version was 1.2, I think many people associate the "1.3" to the 1.3.x
> kernel serie; and if our next version is indeed named 1.3, I'm afraid
> we'll have to face daily the question: "Does Debian 1.3 come with kernel
> 1.3? I'd like a more recent one with kernel 2.0".
>
> 	Maybe we could consider "1.4", or am I just too paranoid?

Just 'cause your paranoid, doesn't mean people aren't out to get you ;-)

If we go with 1.4 then we are going to get the "Where is Debian 1.3? Did I
miss it?". This is a logical progression from 1.2 and anyone who is
following the development at all will expect 1.3 to be next. I don't see
any real problem here. (no you are not too parnoid)

Luck,

Dwarf