Re: "New maintainer" address dead? & misc. questions

[ Please don't Cc: me when replying to my message on a mailing list. ]

Guy Maor:
> The rationale behind this is to avoid duplication of work, so keep
> doing it.

OTOH, given that it tends to take less than fifteen minutes to
create a Debian package of most well-behaved programs these days
(all hail debmake!), asking first will only slow you down...

In the general case, asking first is the right thing to do,
but if it takes little time to do the package, it's probably
not worth it.