debianize Utah Raster Toolkit anyone?
I am intending to create a debian package of the Utah Raster Toolkit (a bunch
of utilities and a library to manipulate images in the Utah rle format, and
conversion programs to/from this format).
A couple of questions:
1) I'm a little confused about what to do with packages which could have a
shared library. My guess is that I should create the following packages:
urt_3.1b: contains all the programs, and depends on
librle_1.0: which just contains the shared lib
librle-dev_1.0: the static libs and header files.
Would this be correct?
2) I think the following copyright is OK - can somebody please tell me if I am
* This software is copyrighted as noted below. It may be freely copied,
* modified, and redistributed, provided that the copyright notice is
* preserved on all copies.
* There is no warranty or other guarantee of fitness for this software,
* it is provided solely "as is". Bug reports or fixes may be sent
* to the author, who may or may not act on them as he desires.
* You may not include this software in a program or other software product
* without supplying the source, or without informing the end-user that the
* source is available for no extra charge.
* If you modify this software, you should include a notice giving the
* name of the person performing the modification, the date of modification,
* and the reason for such modification.
TO UNSUBSCRIBE FROM THIS MAILING LIST: e-mail the word "unsubscribe" to
debian-devel-REQUEST@lists.debian.org . Trouble? e-mail to Bruce@Pixar.com