re:Watchdog

>The bug, however, is that the watchdog package does not check if the kernel
>is correct. Kernels before 1.3.52 didn't even have this option. How do I
>enter this in the depends clause: image (>=1.3.52) ?

Some of use build our own kernels.  I once installed a kernel packages
because some things depended upon it, but have never updated it since.

Should there be a "self-built-kernel" package or something so people
can set that packages as being installed (for dependancy reasons) even
though there needs to be no actual kernel code with it?

                                        Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@bnr.ca )