Uploading compress-package 1.3
I hope this will be a correct package now, and that I won't have any change
to do to it (well, there's always that bug...). Seriously, I tested it
with compress sources from three different packages without problems.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: 11 Aug 96 20:13 UT
Maintainer: Yves Arrouye <email@example.com>
Architecture: all source
compress-package: fileset to build Debian compress packages
* The package is now in the contrib section. (Fixes bug #4079.)
* make-cpkg now supports the specification of the makefile to use
and of the build, install and clean targets in the local
* Completed documentation for make-cpkg, including a section
describing the targets.
* Remove any gzip or gunzip command eventually installed by the
package (just in case...)
* Generate a base package xxx without any of the historic commands
provided by gzip, and eventually generate a xxx-historic package
with these commands. (Fixes bug #4057.)
* If the base package xxx does provide more than the compress
command, generate a replacement package xxx-basic with only
the compress command.
* Check if a compress command has been installed before building
* Packages containing a compress command are in section non-free,
historic packages go in contrib.
* Edit the compress.1 manual page to warn that only compress
actually acts as documented, when necessary.
* If the package name would have been 'compress', change it to
'bsd-compress' so that an eventual 'bsd-compress-historic'
would depend on 'bsd-compress' and not on the virtual compress
4fba7522fd29ef6004b0d8bf21a202f7 13756 contrib - compress-package_1.3-1.tar.gz
561c5b77f451346bf436fb6727a0e9f6 13576 contrib extra compress-package_1.3-1_all.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----