Re: Questions about a locale Debian package...

Christophe Le Bars writes:
> Indeed, we may use "/usr/lib/locale" for the compiled locales
> but we must then modify libc5... libc5 is just looking in the
> /usr/share/locale directory.

Please don't do this if you don't really have to. I'd prefer to make as few
changes as possible to the library itself. If it has to be in
/usr/lib/locale H.J. should change his upstream code.

> Last, I use the WG15-collection.tar collected by Keld Simonsen (keld@dkuug.dk)
> from the DKUUG on behalf of the ISO POSIX WG, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC22/WG15.

Isn't the original site for the WG15-collection
ftp://i44s10.info.uni-karlsruhe.de/pub/linux/ctype?

> I think we should use something like "WG15.??" for the original version and
> "locale" for the package name. But i haven't seen anything to ordering
> the version number... no special date, no special number... Any idea?

I'd prefer to name it wg15locale or somesuch.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes                   |    _____ ________ __  ____
meskes@informatik.rwth-aachen.de |   / ___// ____/ // / / __ \___  __________