Re: FYI: H.J. Lu on debian

> Where are the problems? If it's just
> recompiling packages we shoudl be able to do that in a matter of days.

We had to do more than just recompile packages. We had to make the bootstrap
installation system work under ELF, and we had to make it possible to
in-place upgrade from a.out to ELF without trashing your system. Still, we
did take much too long, and would probably still be waiting if David had not
recompiled a whole bunch of packages on his own. The bootstrap installation
system will be uploaded this evening and revised several times over the next
few days. Ian Jackson could tell you more about the status of upgrade-in-place,
but it sounds as if this is almost ready.

	Thanks

	Bruce Perens
--
Bruce Perens <Bruce@Pixar.com> A campaigner for Clinton and against Censorship.
Toy Story: $183M and counting. At $184M it will beat the #1 movie of 1995.