dpkg 1.0.10: more bugfixes, NFS installation method
Hopefully this version is what 1.0.9 should have been. I'd be
grateful if someone with a CD-ROM and a Debian CD would try out the
cdrom method and see if it works better than in 1.0.8; drive is away
I've included the `npdpkg' program from ftp.debian.org in this
package, because people might want to create their own Packages
files. There isn't any documentation for it, though.
This is still a.out, but wants to go in the development tree.
dpkg (1.0.10); priority=MEDIUM
* dpkg-deb option parsing unmuddled (-I option was removed
in 1.0.9 and broke dpkg-deb). (Bug#2124.)
* dpkg-split will work when ELF `ar' is installed, and is faster.
* nfs dselect method now available.
* disk methods don't prompt spuriously for Packages files.
* cdrom+harddisk methods can find Packages files.
* dpkg-scanpackages (creates Packages files) now in /usr/sbin.
* various changes to help compilation of dpkg-deb, dpkg-split
and md5sum on non-Debian systems.
* <sys/fcntl.h> replaced by <fcntl.h> throughout.
-- Ian Jackson <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sun, 14 Jan 1996 02:55:19 +0000
-rw-r--r-- 1 root ian 200542 Jan 14 03:30 dpkg-1.0.10.deb
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root ian 197423 Jan 14 03:30 dpkg-1.0.10.nondebbin.tar.gz
-rw-rw-r-- 1 ian ian 263860 Jan 14 03:04 dpkg-1.0.10.tar.gz