Re: Unanswered problem reports

Hi folks!

Could anyone of you please introduce me in the way debian packages are
developed and bugreports are handled? Or please point me to a document
describing this. I would apreciate that anyone gets this documument
when he joins this list. :-)

How is such a bugreport removed?
Is there a list of maintainers for the packages?

Apart from that I think the is a good way of developing software.

}The following problem reports have not yet been marked as `taken up'
}by a message to debian-bugs-done@pixar.com.

Ah, a mail server, which format?

} Ref  Package    Keywords/Subject               Submitter
}  786 syslogd    syslogd gone awol              iwj10@thor.cam.ac.uk (Ian Jacks
}  835 sysklogd   syslogd dies, leaves system un grib@arlut.utexas.edu (William
} 1189 syslogd    syslogd message is alarming-lo iwj10@cus.cam.ac.uk (Ian Jackso

As I am a member of the team that is developing the sysklogd package I
would appreciate getting these bugreports. (okay, now I've gotten them).

According to that. I have noticed that ideas coming up with
debianization (what a word) of packages dont't find their way back to
the authors of the original package? Why? Is that the way you define
free software? GNU software? If so I'm very disappointed about that.

As I'm developing the sysklogd package I (or at least Greg) should
have received a note telling what's wrong, but there was nothing. Why?

BTW: the package is called sys_k_logd, because it's both, a syslogd
and a klogd.

} 1118 fortune    fortune is setuid games ?!     iwj10@cus.cam.ac.uk (Ian Jackso

fortune setuid? Huh? Mine is not!

}Please see the developers' notes on the simple bug tracking system
}for details of how to deal with a bug report.  Outstanding bug

Were are these notes?

Regards,

	Joey

  / +49-441-777884  *  Login&Passwd: nuucp  *  Index: ~/ls-lR.gz  /
 /                                     http://home.pages.de/~joey/
/ Install joe (Joey's Own Editor)     correct: Joe's Own Editor /
28.8.95: Oldenburger Linux-Stammtisch ab 20 Uhr im DaCapo