ELF ncurses available

I've uploaded an ELF version of ncurses.  It's a hacked version of
Bruce Peren's package to provide static and shared ELF libraries.  The
diff is against Bruce's source and not the original source.

There are a couple of things I'd like some feedback on.

First, the original source includes initial support for ELF shared
libraries (it only needed a little tweaking) but generates a plain
libncurses.so file instead of libncurses.so.VERSION.  Does anyone
think we should include the version?  If so, I'll speak to Zeyd about
it when I tell him about the minor fixes I had to make.

Second, as I mentioned in an earlier message, the BSD curses/termcap
is being phased out for ELF.  Since we don't "officially" have any
backwards compatibility to worry about, would anyone object to not
supporting it at all and installing ncurses as the standard
curses/termcap for ELF?

David