Re: [Question for the whole list, please read] Vegastrike 0.5.0 Packages Ready

  Hello,

Andres Mejia wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 May 2008 3:00:57 pm Vincent Fourmond wrote:
>>   Then, if within 10 days no one has objected to me uploading such a big
>> source package (450MB, which would result in a net increase in the
>> archive of 200MB times two), I'll do it.
>
> It's now been 10 days. If anyone has any objections or concerns, feel free to
> address them now.

  Well, if you have come by the mail kibi forwarded about the size of
packages, it looks like we'll have to work a bit more, unfortunately. I
don't know when this new architecture will be ready (Joerg had said 2
weeks), but we'll have to wait.

  Then, we create a minimal vegastrike-data-light package containing no
music, scaled down textures, and probably only one race (that was one of
the suggestions), and we have vegastrike Recommend vegastrike-data and
Depend on vegastrike-data-light | vegastrike-data.

  The aim would be to get the vegastrike-data-light package under 50MB,
but 100MB would already be a win anyway.

  Cheers, and sorry for the amount of supplementary necessary

	Vincent

--
Vincent Fourmond, Debian Developer
http://vince-debian.blogspot.com/

find(1):

 A `%' at the end of the format argument causes undefined behaviour
 since there is no following character. In some locales, it may
 hide your door keys, while in others it may remove the final page
 from the novel you are reading.