Sponsoring games in the git repository

Hi :)

Although at some point I'll have to learn git, I haven't yet. Thanks a
lot for filling http://wiki.debian.org/Games/VCS , but I still feel
I'm not confident enough with it to get packages out of the git
repository, tagging them and uploading to Debian, and I suspect that
might also happen to other DDs in the Team. I mean, as git is
something quite new, we're more used to SVN and know how to handle it,
so it's quite no big deal right now to sponsor a game in the SVN
repository for most of us. If would be great if we could have a quick
recipe on the steps to tag and get a package ready from the git
repository to be uploaded to Debian, to avoid the packages in git
having it more difficult to be sponsored.

Greetings,
Miry