[Question for the whole list, please read] Vegastrike 0.5.0 Packages Ready

  Hello !!

Andres Mejia wrote:
> You can still login with a password.

  Indeed...

  There is one thing that bothers me, though: I can't get to actually do
anything with the current vegastrike (and old vegastrike-data): I don't
get the starbase or anything (just messages saying something is missing...).

  This unfortunately means that dependencies need to be tightened and
the new vegastrike-data uploaded at the same time... Which brings me
back to the real question: can we really upload that big ???

  Moreover, I really think we should split the *binary* vegastrike-data
into vegastrike-data and vegastrike-music, and this for two reasons:

  * first, this would allow people that don't listen to music (like me)
not to install a good 100MB for nothing
  * second, and most important, that would get rid of the
vegastrike-music source package from the archive (and therefore save a
couple of 100MB). I'm not sure a Replace: is enough.

  Well, here is my proposition:

  * you split vegastrike-data into data+music
  * you tighten up dependencies for data, as newer vegastrike is not
compatible with older vegastrike-data.

  Then, if within 10 days no one has objected to me uploading such a big
source package (450MB, which would result in a net increase in the
archive of 200MB times two), I'll do it.

  Cheers, and thanks for your work on vegastrike !

	Vincent

--
Vincent Fourmond, Debian Developer
http://vince-debian.blogspot.com/

find(1):

 A `%' at the end of the format argument causes undefined behaviour
 since there is no following character. In some locales, it may
 hide your door keys, while in others it may remove the final page
 from the novel you are reading.