Re: question : authors names in code

  Hello,

On Jan 16, 2008 8:18 AM, Jens Seidel <jensseidel@users.sf.net> wrote:
> Please read more carefully. I wrote that you cannot change the copyright
> but are free to change the copyright notice. The first is law stuff the
> second only a piece of text.

  Yes, but it so happens that the piece of text is the only way to
assess the copyright of one file. So changing it means you're
effectively changing the copyright of the file. This is a no-go. Be
sure that no code modified this way will be uploaded by me.

  If you want to be sure, ask on debian-legal. They will know.

  Cheers,

      Vincent