Re: japanese fonts problem

On Jan 14, 2008 2:18 AM, Alain Baeckeroot <alain.baeckeroot@laposte.net> wrote:

> i'm working on lincity-ng, and we just received a japanese localisation
> for the game, but we use dejavu fonts, which does not contain japanese
> (unless i missed it). So we have only garbage display unless default fonts
> are japanese :(.
>
> Does anyone know good free japanese fonts (compatible with GPL or CC) ?

There are several free fonts in Debian that have Japanese glyphs[1].

However, I suggest you use fontconfig/freetype/pango to render text
using whatever fonts are available on the system rather than relying
on one specific font. I'm not sure how compatible that would be with
lincity-ng though.

BTW, I'm curious to know why lincity-ng is lincity-ng and not lincity
2.0? Also, Debian seems to have both lincity and lincity-ng, is that a
good idea? Looks like lincity is no longer maintained upstream.

1. http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=japanese+font&searchon=all&suite=all&section=all

--
bye,
pabs