Re: list of orphaned / RFA games

On 1/10/08, Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@lucas-nussbaum.net> wrote:
> On 10/01/08 at 14:42 -0500, Barry deFreese wrote:
> > >pydance -- dancing simulation game similar to the kind in arcades
> > >pydance-music -- Songs and step patterns for pydance
> >
> > I'll probably pick these up and ping Alan Woodland (he had done an ITA at
> > one point). Unless someone thinks the python team makes more sense?
>
> What's the difference between this one and stepmania ? Ok, stepmania is
> still an ITP (#200715 !)

I've tried pydance briefly and found it to be much more minimal than
Stepmania.  The problem with Stepmania is copyright issues over images
it uses (being derivative works of Konami content), which is why it's
not in Debian.  I've maintained and published my own personal packages
of Stepmania for the past year or so, but I haven't used it for a
while, so the stepmania4 package is probably out of date.