Re: list of orphaned / RFA games

Hi folks,

Sorry for the long e-mail but I've done a little more digging.

>falconseye -- A port of NetHack using SDL

Looks nice.  Lots of upstream bugs.  Upstream inactive.

>scottfree -- Interpreter for Adventure International games

No upstream update since 1998?  Removal?

>ssystem -- 3D solar system simulator

Should probably be in science section, not games?

>apple2 -- Apple ][ Emulator

Why is this in games?

>astrolog -- Customizable astrology chart calculation program

Should be in science, not games?

>gnurobots -- Program a robot to explore a world

Currently has an ITA

>pydance -- dancing simulation game similar to the kind in arcades
>pydance-music -- Songs and step patterns for pydance

I'll probably pick these up and ping Alan Woodland (he had done an ITA at one point). Unless someone thinks the python team makes more sense?

>uligo -- tsumego (go problems) practice tool

ITA is posted. If they don't get to it, I have a new package pretty much ready.

>sarien -- An interpreter for AGI resources

Probably should be removed.  Sounds like scummvm has replaced it.

>xcruise -- Fly about a 3D-formed file system

Is this really a game? Probably could be removed anyway but "seems" to have a few popcon users.

>randtype -- semi-random text typer

Again, doesn't really seem like a game to me??

>quake2 -- improved version of id Software's Quake II engine

I filed an ITA but should probably be removed.

>nagi -- game interpreter for Sierra Online (tm) AGI games

Also replaced by scummvm?

>adonthell -- A 2D graphical roleplaying game
>adonthell-data -- Data files needed by Adonthell

Looks like 0.4 is in development. I will look at this one (especially since it's a Role Playing Game :-))

>xphoon -- sets the root window to a picture of the moon

Again, is this really a game?

>matanza -- Space ascii war game xeji -- Yet Another Follow the Mouse X demo

Has an ITA from Sep 2007.

>xfireworks -- Fireworks in your root window

Not a game?

>xjokes -- X11 jokes

No clue

>quake2-data -- Installer for Quake II data files

I'll see if Jon has an opinion on this one.

>wmblob -- blobs in a dockapp

Again, not a game?

>lapispuzzle.app -- Almost a clone of Street Puzzle Fighter

Might be worth looking at.

>ladder.app -- GNU Go frontend for GNUstep

Should probably pick this up since it's a Go front-end?

>mines.app -- Minesweeper for GNUstep

Will look into.

>inform -- A compiler for adventure games

Probably to be removed.  See BTS.

>briquolo -- Fast paced 3d Breakout

Already in Games Team SVN.

>stepbill.app -- Get rid of those nasty Wingdows viruses

Will look into.

>pouetchess -- 3D chess game

Probably should be removed. We already have 3dchess and dreamchess which at least work properly.

Thanks,

Barry deFreese