Re: Uploaders "policy"

Miriam Ruiz wrote:
2008/1/10, Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net>:
Well as long as I am on the games team (which may be getting shorter) I
intend to try to help to keep all of the games in good shape with policy
and bugs.

I hope you stay for a long time, you're doing a great job. Sincerely.

Maybe I'm not understanding the point of a games "team" then?  I thought
the whole point was to have collaboration and keep the packages in good
shape?

Is this why I feel like I can't get much done, because of my fantasy
view of the team? :-)

Oh, I think you misunderstood us. We are a Team, and we work
collaboratively in every package. That's the whole point of it.

That being said, sometimes you need to contact someone who has worked
enough in a package to know it, someone that doesn't need to start
from scratch with it. People who have spent 20 hours fighting with a
game, has a lot of experience in it that should not be waster.

That's in my opinion the point of the Uploaders field in the Team, to
have a pointer to the people you'd like to contact when there's
something hard to solve in a package.

Greetings,
Miry

Miriam,

Fair enough. So then do we just keep making updates in SVN and let the package sit there until one of the "Uploaders" decides to get around to uploading it?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just trying to understand the "process".

Thanks,

Barry