Re: Uploaders "policy"

2008/1/10, Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net>:
> Well as long as I am on the games team (which may be getting shorter) I
> intend to try to help to keep all of the games in good shape with policy
> and bugs.

I hope you stay for a long time, you're doing a great job. Sincerely.

> Maybe I'm not understanding the point of a games "team" then?  I thought
> the whole point was to have collaboration and keep the packages in good
> shape?
>
> Is this why I feel like I can't get much done, because of my fantasy
> view of the team? :-)

Oh, I think you misunderstood us. We are a Team, and we work
collaboratively in every package. That's the whole point of it.

That being said, sometimes you need to contact someone who has worked
enough in a package to know it, someone that doesn't need to start
from scratch with it. People who have spent 20 hours fighting with a
game, has a lot of experience in it that should not be waster.

That's in my opinion the point of the Uploaders field in the Team, to
have a pointer to the people you'd like to contact when there's
something hard to solve in a package.

Greetings,
Miry