Re: stormbaancoureur license issues

2008/1/9, Barry deFreese <bddebian@comcast.net>:

> Paul Wise wrote:
> > It all depends on your definitions of software and art and the
> > freedoms you want to apply to those. This isn't the time or place to
> > rehash years of debian-legal and debian-vote flamewars, so lets just
> > say I won't be uploading stormbaancoureur and move on to something
> > else.

No problem about not uploading it yourself if you don't feel confident with it.

Do you have any problem about me asking some other sponsor who does
not consider it to be non-DFSG-free to upload it, or you want to veto
the package for the moment?

> This is all well and good but the existing package in the repo carries
> this file.  Do we need to file an RC bug?

If at some point it is decided that it's not considered free, we'd
have to file an RC bug not only against that package, but also against
many others. I'd prefer to be sure before doing it. Asking in
debian-legal, and maybe afterwards in debian-devel if we don't get a
clear answer might be a good option. As a last resource, if we don't
reach a decision, I'll contact ftpmasters to see how to handle this
situations.

> Is this something we need to ask debian-legal about?  Can someone ask
> them?  Can I?

Go ahead, I think it's better to ask there :)

> How do I move this forward?

I guess just forwarding the mail to debian-legal@lists.debian.org
would do, or just writing a new mail explaining briefly the situation
and giving a pointer to
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2008/01/msg00091.html or
somewhere around.

Greetings,