Re: Best practices for changelogs

I would like to bring up the subject about changelog best practices
again. The thread was started at
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-games/2007/11/msg00089.html

I have refrained from using the suggested method of appending "~rfsX"
in a package I seek to be sponsored for because of my misunderstanding
of how the "~" character is treated for Debian packages. I thought
appending "~rfsX" in the version would cause me to create packages
with greater version numbers than what I wanted. Now I understand,
after reading Debian policy 5.6.12, that the "~" character in a
version is treated as lesser than anything, including "null" (the end
of a part). So now using the "~rfsX" method makes sense to me.

Andres Mejia