Re: Introduction

On 26/11/2007, Miriam Ruiz <little.miry@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/11/21, Miriam Ruiz <little.miry@gmail.com>:
> > As suggested by Tolimar, there goes my introduction. You probably know
> > me already, but just in case. I also want to encourage everyone in the
> > Team to post a brief intro on themselves, and also (if they want)
> > other people in the mailing list that might be interested in the
> > project.
>
> Well, it seems that people wasn't as interested in the idea as I
> thought they would be, or maybe everyone is too busy.

Busy here.

But, anyway, let me say just a few words.

My name is Eddy Petrișor (eddyp on either freenode or oftc). I am 27
(omg, I am so old) programmer working currently for an anti-virus
Romanian company. Most of the time I am fighting with my own lack of
organisation and my contiuous tendency to get attracted to new
projects; because these "unique" traits of mine, I am fighting with
myself to give up on some of the projects I got involved into.

Since I have been involved in the team from its infancy, I ended up
being the person responsible of our SVN repo's configuration. Later I
found svn-buildpackage a quite a nice tool, and as a result of my
involvement in the team, I became co-maintainer of svn-buildpackage
(so you know who to pester when in trouble).

I like FPS games and games that have nice graphics, but I don't have a
strong opinion about other game genres, except that I hate the
adventure genre. Also, I don't have have enough time to play, even if
I am not married and I don't have kids yet.

My reasons for getting involved in the team was because I hated the
quality and the triviality of the games on Linux and thought of doing
something to promote quality games[1].

[1] this is why I will probably never maintain what I call (no
offense, please) stupid games - fortunately, ttbomk, the team doesn't
maintain no such game ;-)
EddyP