Re: Best practices for changelogs

On 11/19/07, Gerfried Fuchs <rhonda@deb.at> wrote:
> * Andres Mejia <mcitadel@gmail.com> [2007-11-19 04:44:44 CET]:
> > Last I checked, mentors.d.n doesn't allow you to upload without the
> > orig.tar.gz, even if you have uploaded the tarball already.
>
>  If this is true then I can all but encourage to *not* use mentors.d.n
> for sharing the files. Being forced to do sourceful uploads is a real
> PITA like you mentioned yourself for bigger packages, and is totally
> contrary to what one would need to do for an upload to the Debian pool.

I just uploaded a package to mentors.debian.net twice - I used -sa to
force inclusion of the source for the first upload, then I made some
changes (after realizing I needed to), and uploaded again without the
source included.  I didn't change the version between uploads
(contrary to this discussion), but I'm guessing the site would still
handle it properly even if I did.