Re: tarballs - why in SVN?

Hi!

* Reinhard Tartler <siretart@tauware.de> [060814 17:36]:

> > wget http://our.project.webspace/package-foo.orig.tar.gz
> Do all members have access to put files in that place?

Yes, everyone who has svn write access has write (and shell) access to
costa.debian.org (hosting svn.debian.org) and haydn.debian.org (hosting
alioth.debian.org).

For example: Just use scp to copy a file to
alioth.debian.org:/var/lib/gforge/chroot/home/groups/pkg-games/htdocs/tarballs
and it will appear on http://pkg-games.alioth.debian.org/tarballs/.

> where is it actually?

Where ever we decide them to put ;)

> If I change something upstream, I can commit it in place.

And how do you create a pristine orig.tar.gz after that?

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander