Re: Many watch files are broken, we should fix them

On 6/18/06, Alexander Schmehl <tolimar@debian.org> wrote:
   |    ppracer*     |    Error     |      -      |   -   |  -   |

Hmmm... this one seems to be an upsteam problem.  Something is broken
with the directory listing at the download location.

Look in the watch file for oolite (non-free) to see an example for a
watch file working with berlios upstream.

That scheme is a second type of URL, iirc.

The first part should be something along the lines of:

http://developer.berlios.de/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1428

   |tuxracer-extras* |     N/A      |    error    |   -   |  -   |

There is no real upstream; the orig.tar.gz is a composition of several
courses I downloaded from different locations; it's impossible to create
a usefull watchfile for that (well; we could check the version at
ftp.debian.org just so we see no error message...)

I think the whole watch file could be omitted for such packages.

EddyP