Re: a project logo proposal; question about webspace

Miriam Ruiz wrote:

>  --- Eddy PetriÅ?or <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> escribió:
>
>> On 6/9/06, Jon Dowland <lists@alcopop.org> wrote:
>> > Hello all! I've knocked together a proposed logo for the
>> > debian games project. What do you think?
>> > <http://pkg-games.alioth.debian.org/proposed-logo.png>
>>
>> Is nice, but I think it needs more dinamysim and it should suggest
>> that the games we are talking about are not only console, board or
>> those simple games.
>
> I like it. You're right in that it might be better that it represents more
> kinds of games, and also to suggest newer games, in contrast to classic ones.
>
> The good point I like is that it doesn't represent only quake-like games or
> violent games, which is somethink I wouldn't like, and that it has the symbol
> of Debian in the logo.

I also like it. True, we do have games which require Joysticks and
Gamepads, but honestly, I don't think they are a majority. Most games in
the archive are persumably played with a mouse. Adding a mouse icon to
the logo is, however, quite pointless.

This logo, however, shows a chess figure. Let's assume someone who
didn't know that it was for the Debian Games Team, but has heared about
Debian, could make 2 guesses: Either it is a group of Debian chess fans,
or some gaming related group (which is correct).

Moreover, it matches the color theme of http://debian.org, which isn't
really a requirement, but imo a big plus.

Greetings,
	Reinhard