Installed zope 2.1.3-1 (source i386)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:54:20 +0100
Architecture: source i386
Distribution: frozen unstable
Maintainer: Gregor Hoffleit <email@example.com>
zope - The Z Object Publishing Environment
Closes: 46015 54917
zope (2.1.3-1) frozen unstable; urgency=high
* IMPORTANT CHANGE: Changed the default port to 9673. The former default,
8080, conflicted with proxy servers like squid, wwwoffle etc.
ZServer now by default starts its HTTP server on port 9673, use
http://localhost:9673 to access it. The FTP server is started on port
8021, the control monitor on port 8099. To change this, refer to
To the archive maintainer: This should solve many installation problems
that were not recorded in the BTS. Upgrading from a previous release,
the user will be warned!
* Also reflected this in the documentation. Added a section "Differences to
upstream" to README.Debian and mention the directory structure in
/var/lib/zope (closes: #54917).
* New upstream version, which is only a bug fix release. 2.1.3 fixes one
grave bug, where the database was corrupted when the administrator tried
to pack it (closes: grave #56164, closes: important #56271).
The only changes in 2.1.3 are the following things, there is no new code
nor new features:
- A race condition in the logic for managing Zope database connections
caused Zope to hang on very busy sites.
- A bug in the packing code that caused records to be nreadable after:
o someone did work in a version
o Someone did an (unrelated) undo
o the version was committed
and the database was packed to a time before the work was done in the
- Fixed a bug that caused packing to raise an
error in the following situation:
o someone modifies and then deletes an object in a version.
o they commit the version
o the database is packed between the time the object is deleted and
the time the version is committed.
- Fixed a bug that caused Zope to sometimes hang instead of shutting
down or restarting when accessed over a fast network.
- It wasn't possible to use a ZClass instance as a method of a ZClass.
04763813ad5f5b7d9b8b7c41dca4a7bb 548 web optional zope_2.1.3-1.dsc
8bb1550b24fca14d08611724dc89a08e 1340904 web optional zope_2.1.3.orig.tar.gz
f55ba7f345b05228c846ad729fca09ff 21199 web optional zope_2.1.3-1.diff.gz
d5b3a0272e629bd46cbdd944696afe85 1121676 web optional zope_2.1.3-1_i386.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.1 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----