Uploaded wu-ftpd 2.6pre5-1 (alpha) to master
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 11:30:59 +0200
Maintainer: AlphaBuildd/John Goerzen <email@example.com>
wu-ftpd - A powerful FTP server
wu-ftpd (2.6pre5-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream version.
Biggest changes include autoconfized compilation; all doc/FIXES* files
included in one file, CHANGES. The new license is here, too, but not
much has changed from original BSD one.
* Reworked most of Debian patches to match changed upstream code:
+ Instead of patching config.h, src/config.h and src/pathnames.h, do
all we need in src/pathnames.h.in (with a bugfix in configure.in :)
and when invoking configure.
+ Enabled quota support.
+ Minor corrections to the addftpuser script.
+ Defined SHADOW_PASSWORD in src/ftpd.c because logging in would
not work otherwise (reason for that not quite known to myself).
+ Expanded the patch for src/ftpd.c which does
s/openlog("ftpd"/openlog("wu-ftpd"/ to all similar/equal cases found.
+ Not including /usr/sbin/ckconfig in the package, it isn't quite
useful to the package users, and there could be namespace pollution.
* Updated the FAQ, version from Sep 19.
* Added a patch from wuftpd-questions mailing list to fix _PATH_*
warnings in ftpcount, and one from wu-ftpd list which is already in CVS.
* Fixed clean: rules in debian/rules; added COPYRIGHT and doc/TODO
from dh_installdocs line, removed INSTALL from it.
* Removed proftpd from the Conflicts: line, ftp-server is enough.
* Moved to Policy 3.x, requires newer debhelper. Made neccessary changes
to packaging files which used old directories.
* The change to FHS directories came in handy, and we can now dump most
of the old alternatives system regarding manual pages, because they
have nothing to conflict with in /usr/share/man/man?/ directories. The
package already Conflicts: with any packages that might include those
files. My further examination showed that we don't need alternatives
handling for anything else except /usr/sbin/ftpd and its manpage (that
one might be eliminated soon, too).
On the other hand, we might once dump the Conflicts: with other ftpds,
but reinstating the symlinks shouldn't be hard.
* Added FHS /usr/doc symlinks creation/deletion to postinst/postrm (for
postinst, I just rewrote sh stuff that debhelper would put in, in Perl).
* Fixed some spelling/grammar errors in postinst, and removed a faulty
exit(0) from the update-binaries query.
* debian/README.Debian.changes moved to the end of debian/changelog file.
* /usr/share/doc/wu-ftpd/README.config in the package is now a symlink to
/etc/wu-ftpd/README, because there is no need for two different files.
I edited the file a bit, too, to fix some mistakes and add some useful
* Ditched worthless debian/notinc-* files.
* Removed debian/cron.monthly file which wasn't used anyway.
* Added a nifty little debian/watch file.
* Made a PAM config file debian/pam, from RPM's wu-ftpd.spec file.
Added --enable-pam to configure flags, and a call to dh_installpam in
the rules file. It appears to work on my slink system with latest PAM
packages installed, I guess someone will file a bug if it doesn't
function on potato :)
* Changed "compress" to "nocompress" in the logrotate file, because
according to RPM spec file author, wu-ftpd can't handle SIGHUP properly.
Indented the lines in the file better.
7ef506b548e94ea800bdc6a4d5b7e185 251454 net optional wu-ftpd_2.6pre5-1_alpha.deb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: Processed by Mailcrypt 3.4, an Emacs/PGP interface
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----