[CTTE #727708] Default init system for Debian

The technical committee was asked in #727708 to decide which init
system would be the default init system for Debian. The decision is
below:

==== RESOLUTION ====

We exercise our power to decide in cases of overlapping jurisdiction
(6.1.2) by asserting that the default init system for Linux
architectures in jessie should be systemd.

Should the project pass a General Resolution before the release of
"jessie" asserting a "position statement about issues of the day" on
init systems, that position replaces the outcome of this vote and is
adopted by the Technical Committee as its own decision.

==== END OF RESOLUTION ====

Additional discussions regarding the technical policy necessary for
implementing this decision are anticipated and will be carried out via
the normal technical policy procedure.

Please see http://bugs.debian.org/727708 for discussion of
this bug.

If I had a letter, sealed it in a locked vault and hid the vault
somewhere in New York. Then told you to read the letter, thats not
security, thats obscurity. If I made a letter, sealed it in a vault,
gave you the blueprints of the vault, the combinations of 1000 other
vaults, access to the best lock smiths in the world, then told you to
read the letter, and you still can't, thats security.
 -- Bruce Schneier